21 April, 2021
EASY WHITE CAKE
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : admin
For the Cake :
- 2 1/3 cups of cake flour or sifted all purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Icing :
- 8 oz of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese (don’t you put that Great Value cream cheese in my recipe, bae!! We need the good stuff for this part)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners (Bougie word for powdered) sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar together for about 2 mins. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Then alternate adding half of the milk with half of the flour, baking powder, salt mix. Blend in between. I hope that makes sense.
- Next, add in the extracts.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they become frothy. Add the whites in with the batter and beat for another minute to combine. Do not over mix. If your cake comes out stiff it’s your fault cause Coop warned you. 😘
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes come out clean.
- Cool on wire racks. Or just flip them on a plate or something to cool, Chile. I don’t have no dang on cooling racks it just sounds professional 🤷🏽♀️
- Anyway, allow them to cool before icing them.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and put it on your cake.
source : coopcancook.com