22 April, 2021
CAJUN LOBSTER TAIL
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : admin
- 1 raw lobster tail
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 T garlic butter (recipe below)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened at room temp)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dill
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Using kitchen shears or scissors, carefully cut vertically down the center of the lobster tail until you reach the last horizontal line before the “fanned” part of the tail
- Gently, separate the meat from the shell in a lifting motion. Do not pull it from the fanned end of the tail.
- Press the shell together and lay the meat on top of the shell.
- Brush the meat with olive oil
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning and paprika on the meat evenly
- Place into a parchment paper or foil lined baking dish and bake on the center rack for 1 1/2 mins per ounce of the lobster tail. (i.e. a 4 oz tail will bake for 6 mins.)
- Remove the tail from the oven
- Spread the garlic butter on the meat
- Place it back onto the center rack of the oven
- Broil it on high for 2-3 mins.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. (You can also stir it by hand in a bowl.)
- Blend well.
- Spoon butter in between plastic wrap and mold into desired shape. Or store in a tightly sealed container.
- Refrigerate until firm.
source : coopcancook.com